Asking for and giving opinions



Expression of Asking For and Giving Opinion. Our opinion about something is what we think or believe about it. In communication sometime we need someone’s opinion to overcome our problems since we feel difficult to solve.
    Below are some expressions we can use to ask someone’s opinion and give our opinion to someone else. We will need to use these expressions in a discussion activity. For the information about Expression of Asking and Giving Opinion, let’s discuss about it.

Asking For
Asking for and showing attention. When we tell something, for example information, explanation or a story, we need our listener pay attention our information. For this we can use questions to attract your listeners’ attention. Whereas when we listen to information, explanation or a story, we can use several expressions to show that we are paying attention to what is being talked about.

For Example :
What do you think?
What’s your opinion?
What are your ideas?
Do you have any thoughts on that?
How do you feel about that?
Do you agree?
Have you got any comments on …..
Do you have any idea?
Do you have any opinion on ……
Would you give me your opinion on
What is your reaction to ……
What is your opinion about……….?
What are you feeling about………….?
What are your views on……….?
Please give me your opinion ….
What do you think about … (this)?
How about that?

Giving Opinion
I hold the opinion
My own view of the matter is
Well, personally
If I had my view, I would
If I were you
I think
I don’t think
I believe
I don’t believe
In my opinion
For me,

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The Diferences Between TOEFL, IELTS, and TOEIC

Sistem Penetapan Kurs

Invitations and offers